Monday, August 8, 2011

Cherry TOMATO Cobbler! Who would have thought?!


I recently tried this Cherry Tomato Cobbler from my Martha Stewart Living Magazine and LOVED it! It didn't quite take me the full 50 minutes to prepare, as suggested, nor an hour and ten minutes to cook (mine was ready in about 50 minutes). My husband and I loved it and I sent the recipe right on to my family members for them to try. I was raised by my health conscious mom to always reduce the butter in recipes by 25%, but in this case I kept the full stick of butter since I didn't have heavy cream in the house. I used 1% milk instead, which worked very well. It didn't taste dry and had I not baked it myself, I never would have known there was a substitution! Let me know if you give it a try and what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment